SBI – Department of Systems Biology and Bioinformatics
Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
University of Rostock
Ulmenstrasse 69 | 18057 Rostock
+49 381 498-7571
Postdoctoral position in mathematical modeling of biological systems
A postdoctoral position is available in our group at the University of Rostock. We are looking for postdoc with experience in systems biology and bioinformatics. The project requires dynamical and logic-based models for biomarker ranking and analysis with a focus on stroke and pancreatic cancer in the context of cellular senescence.
Your skills and qualifications
- PhD in computational biology, biophysics, or a closely related field.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and computational skills are essential as well as the ability to conduct independent, cutting-edge research.
- Experience with metabolic modeling (such as Metabolic Control Analysis), computational systems biology, SBML, Copasi, Celldesigner.
- Familiarity with databases and basic scripting / programming (preferably R and Python).
- Good knowledge of dynamical and Boolean modeling.
- Good knowledge of the high-throughput / Omics data analysis.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong demonstrable skills in oral and written communication.
- An interesting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with the focus on research, teaching, innovation that values employees who can think outside of the box, who want to make a difference and strike out in a new direction.
- A multicultural team with an open culture of trust.
Salary and appointment terms
The job offer is for a full-time position as research associate at the University of Rostock, paid at the E14 salary scale, starting 1st September 2019. The position is initially funded for two years but includes an option for a total of five years.
Application and contact
If you would like additional information about the position, please contact Ali Salehzadeh-Yazdi (email@example.com).
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.